At FACE ASEAN we are committed to delivering a sustainable event for both exhibitors and attendees.
Disposable, single-use stands account for around 80% of the total waste from our event, which is why we are launching the Better Stands Programme.
Better Stands is about moving away from the use of disposable stands to not only vastly reduce waste, but also improve the ease, safety and sustainability of the exhibitor experience at our events.
We believe that sustainable, reusable stand options offer a better way forward for the events industry. As an exhibitor you can work with your Exhibitor Appointed Contractor to design a stand that fits this criteria.
If you’re unsure of where to start, Consult our official contractors for help when choosing a reusable stand.
AS PART OF OUR COMMITMENT, WE ARE FOCUSING ON:
Embed sustainability into our brand by 2025 to inspire our sector to be more sustainable, promoting the achievement of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals:
Become carbon neutral, halve our waste and save customers more carbon than we emit by 2025 as a stepping stone to being zero waste and net zero carbon by 2030 or earlier by:
Contribute value of at least 1% of profit before tax to community groups by 2025, champion diversity and inclusion and create value for our host cities by:
- 1. Using our content to support the sustainability of the market the event serves
- 2. Inspiring our suppliers, exhibitors and other stakeholders to deliver a sustainable event
- 3. Developing market relevant partnerships
1. Reducing our event’s carbon emissions
2. Creating less waste
3. Considering sustainability credentials of the items sourced for the event
4. Better Stands – our initiative to eliminate disposable stands from the events industry
- 1. Doing business safely and ethically
- 2. Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- 3. Creating a positive impact on our host cities
- 4. Measuring our impacts
HELP IMPROVE THE SUSTAINABILITY OF FACE ASEAN
As a visitor:
- A. Consider how you’ll get to the event and if you can avoid air travel or take lower carbon transport
- B. Recycle your waste onsite and in your hotel where possible
- C. Consider opting for vegetarian and vegan food options and avoid food waste
- D. Only take the give-aways or brochures you need and will use, consider if there are digital alternatives
- E. Consider the environmental credentials of the hotel when deciding where to stay
As an exhibitor:
- A. Ensure your stand is designed so that its structure will be used again by either yourself or by your contractors
- B. For your travel and transport, choose the most sustainable option possible for your journey to and from the event. Consolidate your shipments and use logistic companies that have sustainability credentials
- C. Select energy efficient, LED lighting and other equipment for your stand and be sure to power down your equipment at the end of the day
- D. Reduce paper handouts by going digital and source recycled, sustainably certified paper options where printing is needed. Eg, FSC or recycled paper
- E. When purchasing promotional items, consider the amount you order, the environmental credentials of the materials they are made from, as well as whether they are useful giveaways that will be used long after the event is over
- F. Help to support the sustainability of the local area by using local suppliers and considering the sustainability credentials of the hotels you book
- G. Think about what waste your stand will create and try to minimize it as much as possible. For the unavoidable waste items, try to ensure it will be recycled. Key items to consider include signage, carpeting, signal use of wood and packaging waste
- H. Get involved with the numerous initiatives and conversations throughout the event which aim to help facilitate and inspire the sustainable development of your industry
- I. Inspire the sustainable development of your industry by promoting your company’s and your products’ sustainability credentials
- J. Ensure you and your contractor are aware of and compliant with all health, safety and security requirements