Terms & Conditions
Vlog Your Experience and Highlight the Excitement at BECBM 2023!
Terms & Conditions of the Contest
- Stage 1: Preliminary Round Submission
- Vlog and post ONE (1) 15 – 30 seconds video to shout-out your participation at the Contest on your Instagram with the relevant hashtags.
- Click here for more submission information.
- Stage 2: Contest Finale
- Finalists will compete on 28 September at beautyexpo & Cosmobeauté Malaysia and attend the prize presentation on 30 September.
- a. ‘Camera’ means a Sony ZV-1 series camera;
- b. ‘Contest’ means the Beauty Vlog-Off Contest at the Event;
- c. ‘Contestant’ means a participant in the Contest;
- d. ‘Event’ or ‘BECBM 2023’ means beautyexpo & Cosmobeauté Malaysia 2023;
- e. ‘Finalist’ means a Contestant selected to participate in the final round of the Contest;
- f. ‘Organisers’ means Informa Markets Malaysia Sdn Bhd and Sony Malaysia Sdn Bhd;
- g. ‘Venue’ means Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
- a. The Contest is open to all beauty enthusiasts with a passion for vlogging.
- b. Contestants must be 16 years old and above. Any contestant who is under the age of 18 years old is required to obtain the consent of their parents or guardians to participate in this Contest.
- c. The Contest will run on Instagram. Contestants must be existing users of Instagram and own a personal account.
- d. Contestants must be a follower of beautyexpo & Cosmobeauté Malaysia (Instagram & Facebook) and Sony MALAYSIA on Instagram as below:
− @beautyexpo.malaysia on Instagram
− @cosmobeautemalaysia on Instagram
− @sonymalaysia on Instagram
− @beautyexpo on Facebook
− @Cosmobeauté on Facebook
− @Beautyexpo & Cosmobeauté Malaysia on Facebook
3. Entry Submission – Preliminary Round
- a. Contestants are required to publish ONE (1) video to shout-out their participation at the Contest on their Instagram with the relevant hashtags, #beautyexpoCosmobeauteMalaysia2023 #beautyexpoCosmobeauteMalaysia #BECBM #SonyMalaysia #becbmxsony #beautyvlogoff and handle tags @beautyexpo.malaysia @cosmobeautemalaysia @sonymalaysia on their Instagram
- b. Submit Your Entry: All eligible Contestants should register their participation via Online Registration Form (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/becbm2023bvo) by 17, September, 2023 at 11:59 PM Malaysian Standard Time. An acknowledgement email will be sent to contestants to confirm participation. Entries received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- c. Finalists selection will be based on the video’s creativity, audience impact (likes, shares, comments) and relevance to the theme.
- d. Shortlisted Contestants will be notified via email and announced on the Event website, Instagram and Facebook pages on 22 September 2023.
- 4. Submission Requirements for Contest Finale
a.Finalists are required to attend the Event at the Venue on the following dates for the Contest:
- i. 28th Sept 2023: Final round of Contest. Finalists must check in at the registration counter no later than the assigned start time.
- ii. 30th Sept 2023: Contest Prize Presentation Ceremony
- b.Finalists are required to produce a creative vlog video to share their experience at the Event based on the theme: ‘Vlog Your Experience and Highlight the Excitement at BECBM 2023’.
- c. Each Finalist is allowed to submit only one (1) vlog video.
- d. The vlog video content must be original and created for the purpose of competing at BECBM 2023. Each finalist is required to feature at least one exhibitor’s product and one onsite event/highlight that are pre-selected by the Organisers in their video (a list will be provided by the Organisers).
- e. Finalists will be provided with a Camera for the Contest Day which they must exclusively use for video shooting & editing for the final round of the Contest. The Camera must be returned to the Organisers by the assigned end time on 28th September and may not be removed from the Event venue under any circumstances.
- f. Contest Duration: two (2) hours video shooting + six (6) hours editing
- g. The vlog video can be submitted in English, Chinese or Bahasa.
- h. The vlog video must be uploaded:
- i. on the Contestants’ personal Instagram account and use the following hashtags #beautyexpoCosmobeauteMalaysia2023 #beautyexpoCosmobeauteMalaysia #BECBM #SonyMalaysia #becbmxsony #beautyvlogoff. All submissions must also tag the handle @beautyexpo.malaysia @cosmobeautemalaysia @sonymalaysia on their Instagram; and
- ii. to the dedicated Google Drive provided by the Organisers in each case, by no later than the assigned upload time on 28th September. Any Entry received by any other means will not be accepted. Entries received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- i. The vlog video must meet the following video requirements:
Landscape Orientation (1280p x 720p resolution)
60 – 90 seconds
Sample: 001_BECBM2023_Vlog _TanLiMing
j. Final Round Judging Criteria
- – Relevance to the theme (20 %)
- – Originality and Creativity (20%)
- – Technical Quality (15%)
- – Audience Impact (20%)
- – Content Requirements (25%)
- k. Final entries will be determined by the panel of Judges/Organisers and will be at their sole discretion. The judges’ decision is final.
- l. Prize winners will be announced on 30 September, 2023 at the Event at the Prize Presentation Ceremony.
- a. Four (4) Winners will be selected with prizes being awarded as follows:
- – 1st place: Sony Vlog camera ZV-1F + RM 5,000 Cash Prize + Beauty products worth up to RM 5,000 + HealthLand Cash Voucher worth up to RM1,500
- – 2nd place: Sony WF-C700N Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones + Beauty products worth up to RM 3,000 + HealthLand Cash Voucher worth up to RM1,000
- – 3rd place: Sony WF-C700N Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones + Beauty products worth up to RM 2,000 + HealthLand Cash Voucher worth up to RM500
- – 4th place: Sony WF-C700N Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones + Beauty products worth up to RM 1,000 + HealthLand Cash Voucher worth up to RM200
- b. All other Finalists will receive HealthLand Cash Voucher worth up to RM100
- c. All Finalists will receive a certificate of recognition.
- d. Contestants are required to attend the Prize Ceremony at the Event Venue on 30th September in person. In the event of non-attendance, such Contestant shall be automatically disqualified.
- e. Prizes are non-transferable and must (where applicable) be used on the dates specified and may not be redeemed for cash.
- f. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize and/or they are subsequently disqualified they forfeit any and all claims to that prize, which will be dealt with according to the absolute discretion of the Organisers. In the event of any disqualification of a winner, Organisers may at their sole discretion decide whether to select a replacement winner.
- g. All prizes are used/taken entirely at the risk of the winner, and the Organisers exclude all warranties in connection with any prize to the extent permitted by law.
- h. If a specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Organisers may substitute a similar prize or one of equivalent value at any time without prior notice. All cash prizes will be made via bank transfer. The winner will be required to provide their bank account details for the transaction process. Organisers will not be responsible for any errors or delays in the bank transfer process.
- i. Winners agree to be contacted by the Organisers or their authorised representatives to participate in public relations events to generate press coverage of the Contest, Event, prizes and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- j. Organisers reserve the right to withhold any prize awarded pending verification of the Contestant’s compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- a. Contestants agree that they will not upload any content within their vlog which is confidential, defamatory, obscene, breaking personal privacy regulations, infringing copyright and intellectual property rights, violating legal rights of any party or proprietary to a brand, an individual or a company (except for the person submitting the work in his/her/their name). Organisers reserve the right to immediately disqualify any Contestant breaching this requirement. In the event of disqualification, Contestants shall be required to immediately delete all Contest vlogs from their Instagram.
- b. By entering the Contest, Contestants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, accurate and complete. Contestants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of their vlog entries which must not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy or other rights of any third party.
- d. The Contest judges and the Organisers reserve the right at their absolute discretion to disqualify any entry deemed to be incomplete, inaccurate, inaudible, incomprehensible, false or misleading.
- e. The judges decision will be final and no explanation, correspondence or discussion will be offered or entered into before or following the judges’ decision. Feedback will not be given on any entry before or following the judges’ decision.
- f. Contestants will be solely responsible for obtaining any visas or permits to Malaysia to attend the Event, and all costs and expenses involved in their participation in the Contest.
- g. Organisers reserve the right at their absolute discretion to alter or reschedule the Contest, the Event and/or to change the judging panel and/or these Terms & Conditions at any time and without notice.
- h. Contestants expressly assume all risks associated with, resulting from or arising in connection with participation in the Contest and attendance at the Event. All indemnities, warranties, representations, terms and conditions (whether express or implied) except as set out herein and/or as may be otherwise expressly advised are hereby excluded. Organisers and their affiliates Group (as well as any employees or other representatives of the same) exclude all liability for any loss, injury, disease or damage whatsoever that you may suffer in connection with or arising from the Contest and/or attendance at the Event whether direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive loss, injury or damage (including, without limitation, injury or disease to persons, property damage, theft, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss or corruption of data or any other type of economic loss, injury or damage) or otherwise. The limitations and exclusions in this paragraph only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- i. All Contestants agree to indemnify Organisers against all costs, claims, damages and expenses that Organisers may suffer or incur as a result of, or in connection with, any breach of these Terms & Conditions.
- j. Failure to comply with these Terns and Conditions will result in automatic disqualification.
- k. Contestants grant Organisers a non-exclusive, royalty free, irrevocable, worldwide license to use and reproduce (i) all content submitted by them for the Contest, (ii) all images, videos and other media recorded by Organisers or their representatives at the Event, and (iii) their name, Instagram account and My Sony ID (if applicable), in each case for the marketing and promotion of the Contest, and for the commercial promotion of Organisers and any Organisers business. Photography and filming by Organisers’ representatives will take place during the Event, including the Prize Ceremony. Contestants acknowledge and accept that Organisers may record, photograph, film and broadcast (via print, electronic means and internet) any image or film footage taken during the Event, including the Prize Ceremony.
- l. Organisers shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed vlogs due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest site, Instagram, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Contestant’s ability to participate.
- m. Organisers are not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Contestant from entering or participating in the Contest and/or claiming any prize in the Contest.
- a. By entering the Contest, the Contestants will be deemed to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and be bound by them.
- b. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Malaysia and all disputes hereunder shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.
PT Pamerindo Indonesia
Menara Jamsostek Menara Utama, Lantai 12 Unit TA-12-04 Jalan Jendral Gatot Subroto No. 38, Jakarta 12710, Indonesia.
T: +62 21 2525 320
F: +62 21 2525 032 / 018
E: [email protected]